Single induction loop
Measuring system equipped with a single induction loop
The use of a single induction loop is an unusual solution. It should be seen as a cost-saving solution, used for example when using an already installed sensor used for other purposes.
1 loop – measurement module working with a single inductive loop
- vehicle arrival time (with 0.01s resolution),
- vehicle count,
- interval between vehicles (0. 01s),
- magnetic profile and vehicle classification based on it
(4 classes are distinguished: passenger cars, vans, trucks, buses)
- trailer detection,
- speed measurement (single-loop) (measurement error from 5% for passenger vehicles to 18% for trucks),
- length measurement (measurement error up to 20%),
- classification by length (4 vehicle classes are distinguished).
Determined characteristics (variation as a function of time):
- traffic density,
- flow (of vehicles),
- lane occupancy,
- average speed,
- number of vehicles by class (according to selected classification scheme).